Hi! My name is Lindsey and I am a junior at Northview. I am a self-taught sewer and artist, and this is my first year at Lit Mag
I started Lit Mag this year because everything I had a passion for (fashion, sketching, digital art, web design, and more) was here. When I first heard about this class, I was thinking how crazy it would be to join because many friends advised that I should finish 4 years of orchestra, so that "it would look good in college!". It was hard to decide, but I knew in my gut that I should take this class because this was my chance to finally do something for myself.
I have always had a deep and special connection with art and now I have a place where I can finally relax and (as cliche as it sounds:) express myself! Now I'm finally where I belong and I'm so excited to see what I can discover and contribute here!
- Some of my favorite hobbies are: playing the cello, nail art, calligraphy, and (my favorite:) sewing.
- I have a maltese-poodle (my best friend :))
- I am a huge ATLA and LOK fan!!
- My art pieces are mostly people and architecture. I also love to incorporate the Renaissance theme/aesthetic in them too!
- I am hoping to pursue a career in fashion.
I am poem
I come from a humble, rustic home and a small, connected community
From the blinding hot sun and eternal summer heat
From scarcely scattered snow and barren winter streets
I come to Lit mag knowing that this is my mission, my calling, and my passion
I come to Lit mag wondering what I can create next
I come to Lit mag willing to finally break the walls of my comfort zone
I had convinced myself that I had to be daring and courageous, now I am curious and fascinated, full of ideas and concepts.
And today I begin